[dev] release cycles

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:47:14 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:

> I'd personally vote for a feature-freeze, and tighten up all the
> stuff that needs to be done for a release.  The thing is, every
> single person that's seen 2.3 has wanted to use it over 2.2, with
> great enthusiasm!

Okay - this seems to be the consensus. Let's make it official, then: freeze on
major features for 2.3, with the list of things that need to happen before
release of 2.4.0 being:

1. any bugfixes
2. support for translations
3. error reporting
4. as much decoupling as possible of Horde and IMP apis
5. version of turba in enough working order to provide contact management
6. use of PEAR Mail:: interface for sending mail

Am I missing anything?

Let's try and aim for a shorter release cycle than the 2.2.0 pre releases took -
that was a bit long. Of course, it'll all depend on how much time people have
available, and we don't want to push it out before it's ready, but I think a few
months is a decent goal to have a release candidate, and sooner would be great.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Many states consider gambling so immoral that they not only prohibit private