[dev] release cycles

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:12:53 +0100

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> 1. any bugfixes
> 2. support for translations
> 3. error reporting
> 4. as much decoupling as possible of Horde and IMP apis
> 5. version of turba in enough working order to provide contact management
> 6. use of PEAR Mail:: interface for sending mail

7. Complete replacement of 'folder' with 'navigator' (that's possibly under #1
though)

> Let's try and aim for a shorter release cycle than the 2.2.0 pre
> releases took - that was a bit long. Of course, it'll all depend
> on how much time people have available, and we don't want to
> push it out before it's ready, but I think a few months is a decent
> goal to have a release candidate, and sooner would be great.

Sounds good!

Incidentally, if anyone has test accounts to give out on wierd and
wonderful IMAP servers (actually, anything other than Courier-IMAP,
maybe that uses Mail/ and other non-dot delimiters), it would be really
helpful in debugging the navigator.  Any takers?  Account only needed
for short time.

--
 Anil Madhavapeddy / "I told you not to flush that!"
 anil@recoil.org   /    Stern Lecture Plumbing