[imp] 3 things

Keith A. Chayer kchayer@bbcnet.edu
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:10:28 -0600 (CST)

(I should've posted this to dev@lists.horde.org in the first place; I'm moving
it there--apologies)

> > 2. Is there a way to disable the compression setting if there is an
> error in
> > a page/script/database connection/etc that PHP reports?  I find that
> if there
> > is anything amiss, PHP will report the error, give the standard
> "Cannot add
> > any more header information...", and then the rest of the page is
> unreadable
> > compressed information.  I don't know that the specific error matters,
> but I
> > can mention a few if you want.
>
> Well, there _shouldn't_ be any such errors, so mentioning them would
> probably be
> good, yeah...

Well, I'm thinking periodic stuff, like when the database server goes down.  IMP
will still *run* if it cannot connect to the server for preferences, but not
with the compression enabled.  You get the database errors and can't even log
out after you've logged in--it's just the compressed garbage.  Being that 2.3 is
the development version, sometimes I've gotten errors either because there is a
new setting added in conf.php that I don't have set, or there is a new
requirement/configuration for newer versions of PHP (session stuff comes to
mind--I ran into this awhile back but didn't have time to pursue it) that
reports errors.

I agree--there shouldn't be any errors.  Maybe I should just leave this off
while I am working with the development version, as issues like I mentioned come
up.  It's not a *big* deal, not being able to log out--closing the browser is
adequate.  But I'm thinking if something ever does go wrong, users are sure
going to freak out, getting that on their machine instead of a regular IMP
screen prefaced by at least just a list of errors.  Of course, that could be
partially related to PHP's method of error reporting.

> > 3. This is simple, but was there an interface change I missed that
> kept the
> > entire page background white?  I know Chuck was toying around with
> different
> > color schemes awhile back, but it seems to have been left without
> > distinguishing the mailbox list or the message itself.  I imagine I
> can change
> > this setting in config/html.php ?
>
> Sounds like your stylesheets are broken.

Hrrm.  Could this be related to the dynamic css.php (that I don't know much
about :-))?  Is there a setting in conf.php that I could be missing?

Thanks.

..Keith

--
"I consider this a day well seized.  Tomorrow we'll seize the day AND conquer
it!"  -Calvin, "Calvin and Hobbes"