[dev] RE: [cvs] commit: imp/lib tree.php

Apis Hytt php3dev@carousel.tabcat.com
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:42:43 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> >
> > I think that's a very good idea. We also need a mode in the navigator for
> > allowing subscription/unsubscription of folders when it's enabled.
> >

> I was thinking of the latter by having a 'show subscribed' mode (as you
> suggested),
> but with the unsubscribed folders being a dark colour, and having a tick icon
> to the right to subscribe.  And similarly, the subscribed ones would have
> a cross to unsubscribe.
Apis+
	o Solely using colours is *not* a good GUI practice, as many folks
		have different kinds of colour-blindedness or some
		browsers|monitors|window-systems have difficulty making
		a sufficient distinction between colour's display.

	o One should try to also use a text, icon, or other *clue* in
		addition to a colour display difference view.

	o At times, I think maybe the folders manipulation remain
		in old `Folders' because putting all in one vase makes
		the simplicity and beauty of the floral arrangement
		go *off*

	KISS - Keep It Simple and Sweet so the fragrance of the bouquet
		is not masked with clutter. :)>>
Apis-