installing the latest cvs / mcrypt

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 14:21:27 -0500

Hi all,
could someone running the latest horde/php4 code confirm for me what they
have installed relating to mcrypt?
I've poured over the documentation and I still am unable to get apache to
compile with the support for it, which, by the errors I got trying to run
the latest code, is requried.

PHP compiled without error; I installed libmcrypt-2.4.7, and compiled with
the --with-mcrypt flags.  I also installed mhash and tried adding the
--with-mhash.   No errors are generated in the PHP4 compile, but when I try
and compile it all into apache, I get undefined references to a large
number of mcrypt items, from mcrypt.c.

Just to confirm, CVS update is required for the current development horde
code, correct?  4.03pl1 is not enough?

I know this is heading off topic into the realm of PHP/apache, but if
someone who has a current setup that runs the latest code can let me know a
bit more about how they have this configured, it would be appreciated as
I'd like to help test things out a bit more.

Thanks!