[dev] installing the latest cvs / mcrypt

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:24:12 -0000

Michael Bull wrote:

> PHP compiled without error; I installed libmcrypt-2.4.7, and compiled with
> the --with-mcrypt flags.  I also installed mhash and tried adding the
> --with-mhash.   No errors are generated in the PHP4 compile, but when I try
> and compile it all into apache, I get undefined references to a large
> number of mcrypt items, from mcrypt.c.

I'm afraid I haven't even got that far yet - libmcrypt-2.4.7 bombs
out with endian errors on OpenBSD, so I've been hung up trying to get that
to work.

> Just to confirm, CVS update is required for the current development horde
> code, correct?  4.03pl1 is not enough?

At the moment, yeah.  You especially need the latest PEAR stuff.

--
 Anil Madhavapeddy / "I told you not to flush that!"
 anil@recoil.org   /    Stern Lecture Plumbing