Fwd: Re: [PHP-DEV] transparent output compression patch

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:32:39 -0500

This might be worth moving HTTP_Cache:: to once it settles down a bit...

----- Forwarded message from Zeev Suraski <zeev@zend.com> -----
    Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:01:38 +0200
    From: Zeev Suraski <zeev@zend.com>
 Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] transparent output compression patch
      To: Jade Nicoletti <nicoletti@nns.ch>

Alright, I imported your transparent gzip compression support.

All of the code is centralized in the zlib extension, and makes no use
of
any specialized patches in the core of the language.

To use it transparently, simply call:

ob_start("ob_gzhandler");

It's as simple as that.

You can also compress all of your PHP scripts transparently by setting
the
new output_handler directive to 'ob_gzhandler'.

I'm not sure if I imported all of the diffs from the new patch you sent
me
- so if you see some missing functionality, either add it or let me
know...

Zeev