[dev] filters

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:26:10 -0500

Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:

> Just got Max's filter stuff working, and I must say it looks very
> nice and seems to work very well from my initial testing.
>
> Just wondering why it's in IMP itself though; wasn't the idea to
> make all this a separate module?

Well, because this particular implementation doesn't rely on anything other than
IMAP operations (and preferences). Anything that deals with procmail, sieve, etc
_should_ be outside of IMP, but I'm willing to have this as a compromise for
people who want filtering _in_ IMP. It's not as efficient or powerful as
procmail and friends, but it will work for everyone.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues