[dev] filters

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 18:08:14 -0000

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Well, because this particular implementation doesn't rely on
> anything other than IMAP operations (and preferences).
> Anything that deals with procmail, sieve, etc _should_ be
> outside of IMP, but I'm willing to have this as a compromise for
> people who want filtering _in_ IMP. It's not as efficient or powerful as
> procmail and friends, but it will work for everyone.

Actually, I found it quite handy to mass-moves of messages
in folders (I didn't have a kronolith filter setup, and so it
all invaded my INBOX <g>) - setup the filter, apply it, delete it.

Some suggestions:

o Can we make the Field chooser checkboxes, so we can 'to or cc'
  type choices?

o Select an actions by default in the radio buttons?  E.g. the
  'move message to' would be a good one, since what I tried was
  just to select a folder and make a rule, but I didn't notice that
  you had to explicitly select the radio button for that to work.

o If an error does happen, it would be nice to prefill the fields
  that were entered by the user; a small error shouldn't wipe the
  whole set of fields and need them to be re-entered.

--
 Anil Madhavapeddy / "Oi luv moi brick!"
 anil@recoil.org   /       - Father Jack