navigator

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 15:43:41 -0500

One problem I've seen as far as the UI, is that, in our UW IMAP setup, I'm
getting a button beside "INBOX".  None of the Move, Copy, Delete, etc
operations apply to INBOX, and more confusingly... if people don't click
the button beside "mail", creating a new folder fails (logically, of course
-- I assume it would be trying to create the new folder under INBOX).

Does it makes sense in any other implementation to allow for INBOX
subfolders?  I can't think of any situation that renaming or deleting of
the INBOX would be possible.

I'm think the best solution is to have the button start on the first folder
after INBOX, with INBOX having no button; either that, or if a create is
applied to inbox, the folder is created in the root folder path.

I'd hack at a patch, but since I know development is active on it, I just
thought I'd offer my $0.02.   Other than that, it's a great replacement to
the current Folders menu!