design goals for 1.3/2.3

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 00:26:31 -0500

Here's a list of things that I'd like to see happen before 2.3 goes final. Do
people agree/disagree/have other comments?

1. get rid of the last of the lib/package.* files - either replace them or
rename them. That convention went away ages ago. (I'm not expecting much dissent
on this one, and will probably work on it in the next few minutes).

2. let's wrap every function that doesn't live inside a single page inside one
class or another. we don't need a seperate file for every single class, but
encapsulation is good - it keeps our namespace small, and it makes it easier to
figure out where things live/what they are associated with/what they do.

3. modify the files that use javascript to include their javascript first. right
now, if you interrupt a page like the compose window from loading, you might get
all the html, but the javascript won't have finished, resulting in errors.

4. Comments! Cleanup! Documentation! =)

That's all that's coming to mind right now. Anyone have other suggestions?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues