[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp navigator.php

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:10:41 +0000

Quoting Max Kalika <max@the-triumvirate.net>:

> Quoting avsm@horde.org:
>
> >   Log:
> >   Hide the namespace prefix in the javascript mouseovers for the folder
> >   links.
>
> Something seemed to break on my end.

Are you sure it was a result of this commit?  Only one line changes
here; the second argument to a a Horde::url, which shouldn't have any
adverse affects.

> I get the following log entries when
> expanding the mailbox tree: (which takes much longer than normal now)

Takes longer?  Hmm, the number of imap calls should be reduced ...
Have you enabled the nav_poll preferences option?

> "misc" being one of my folder names.  The name it tries to log in with
> varies, but its always one of my folder names.  It probably means
> there's a preamble missing somewhere, but I couldn't find it in my
> brief investigation.  All the navigator actions seem to be working
> fine, except for these errors.

Does the error consistently happen on a set of folders?  If it's
reproducable, if you could try and pin it down a bit more tht would
be great!  I'll be doing some more testing on my setup here today.

> Also, I'm curious if the tree is supposed to be collapsed after
> creating and renaming folders, but remain after deleting,
> (un)subscribing and (un)polling.

Well, it's a known thing that it does, but it's not supposed to :-)
We currently reinitialize the entire tree after creating, renaming
and subscribing - under Courier at least, these actions can cause more
than one folder to be created in the form of virtual folders.  That
is, if I suddenly create INBOX.a.b.c, then INBOX.a and INBOX.a.b
will also appear out of nowhere.

Until we put it in code to 'parent-find' (which will also solve
Jon's problem), this will happen.

There's a similar bug with deleting also.  If I deleted INBOX.a.b.c,
the virtual folders should disappear, but the current delete() in
tree.php doesn't do so.

Reinitializing is just the easy way to keep the navigator working
while this bit of code is put in.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>