[dev] design goals for 1.3/2.3

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:27:54 -0500

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 05:09:10PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > Would it be an idea to really separate Horde and IMP this time
> > around?  Given that we could potentially make new releases of
> > Kronolith, WHUPS, etc in the lifecycle of 1.3.x/2.3.x, it may be
> > good to separate them a bit more discretely than they are at the
> > moment.
>
> Certainly. What do people think this entails? The first thing that
> comes to mind for me is some API stability in Horde, but I'm
> wondering what other people consider important here...

I think it would be important to completely separate the
documentation.  Then, we should ensure that Horde and IMP can be
installed in completely different places (so that IMP doesn't need to
be under Horde).  I think we might already be at that point, though.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology