[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: whups checkout.php common.php ...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 15:02:55 -0500

Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:

> Cool :)  Just going to move it to CSS to keep the templates
> tidy, so it'll be easy to tweak.

Great. :)

> It's not quite there at the moment, and there's a bit of a tangle
> of dependencies.  I'm doing this somewhat iteratively, so I'm going
> to pass through CVSLib again when the functionality is solid and
> working again, and clean up any messes I've made from code rearrangement
> and redesigning.

Sounds fine - just wanted to mention it.

> Yup, sure.  Again, all the configuration stuff needs a once-over,
> since portions are out of date, so I'll do this then.

Cool.

> Don't look too closely ;)

Don't worry, I've got plenty of other stuff to do. :)

> I'm quite pleased with how it's going though; I wasn't convinced
> CVSLib was a good idea at the start, but I recently used it for a
> work thing to extract CVS commit statistics from our CVS database;
> it was a simple command-line PHP script to iterate through the
> directories, without any hassle.  Can't wait till WHUPS really gets
> off the ground, and we can really start integrating ticket/bug-tracking
> with CVS hopefully.

Great!

> Quick poll:  should branch tracking propagate as the user clicks
> links?  For example, in imp/compose.php, you can choose to track
> only the STABLE_2_2 branch, which is fine for that viewing.  But
> most cvsweb scripts keep track that you want to 'stick' to STABLE_2_2,
> which becomes meaningless as soon as you move to an RCS file which
> doesn't have that branch (i.e, start going through the turba/
> directory).  I'm pretty happy to say that 'only on branch' is not
> a sticky variable.

That seems to make sense to me.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues