[dev] Status of new mail alert from inbox?

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:19:25 +0000

Quoting Michael Bull <mbull@uoguelph.ca>:

> One of the features I liked with 2.2 was the javascript pop up regarding new
> mail; it seemed like something of the sort is available in the navigator (?),
> but a lot of people are used to sitting in their inbox to wait for new mail.

I did think about putting it in everywhere, but the way I personally
use 2.3 is to sit in the navigator, letting it refresh and pop up new
mail, instead of the INBOX.

This could be because very few of my new mails actually go into my INBOX,
due to extreme mail filtering.

Adding a refresh option to the INBOX may not be a bad idea, but it
would clutter up what is a very neat interface in the mailbox view
at the moment, and duplicate functionality from the navigator.  Do you
have any objections to simply sitting in the navigator waiting for
new mail?

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>