[dev] Re: [imp] suggestions, IMP 2.3

Anil Madhavapeddy avsm@horde.org
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:02:45 +0000

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 11:07:15AM +0100, Atif Ghaffar wrote:

> I am embarrased to ask. how to a create a patch for the complete directory?
> I know how to create patch for a single file,but not for a set of files.
> thanks.

If it's a CVS checkout, just do:
$ cvs diff -uN

from the directory you wish to start the patches from,
and it'll pick up all files, including new ones.

Although, thinking about it a bit more, I'm not sure that will
work with anonymous checkouts - it should do, but you have to do
the 'cvs add/remove' on the files as normal, which doesnt need
write access to the repository to do, afaik.

Anil

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Mon,  8 Jan 2001 13:33:50 -0500
> I am embarrased to ask. how to a create a patch for the complete directory?
> I know how to create patch for a single file,but not for a set of files.
> thanks.

diff -urN should do it.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Blues