solving back button / page from post problems

Michael Bull mbull@uoguelph.ca
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:16:40 -0500

At 04:30 PM 10/01/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Quoting Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>:
>
> > I think the better solution might be to allow the values entered on
> > the login screen to simply override the user's preferences.
>
>I agree. How about an "Override Preferences" checkbox on the login screen?

While we're discussing the login screen, I'd like to suggest the login code
submit to remote_login.php, instead of mailbox.php.   This solves the
problem where after logging in, clicking on a message and clicking back,
that one gets a "page expired error".

(If the browser doesn't think mailbox.php is created from a post, which we
avoid by posting to remote_login.php and letting it establish the session
and redirect, then things work much nicer.)

SquirrelMail added a redirect.php to solve the similar problem with their
project; I just clued in that our remote_login code was the same animal.  :)