[dev] SMTP configuration

Keith A. Chayer kchayer@bbcnet.edu
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:02:18 -0600

> Quoting "Keith A. Chayer" <kchayer@bbcnet.edu>:
>
> > And finally, all of that may be extraneous information, as I think I've
> > isolated the problem: if my full name in my signature is "Keith A. Chayer",
> > have the problem.  As soon as I remove the ".", the problem goes away and I
>
> > see the sender just fine.
>
> Yeah, we were missing a call to imap_rfc822_write_address(). Try the change I
>
> just committed.

That fixes most of it, except now the full name gets quoted and escaped:
"\"Keith A. Chayer\"" --I'm sure this message will show the same thing.  If it's
a call to stripslashes(), I'm not familiar enough with the code to figure out
where it goes, though.  (or does that function only strip forward slashes?)

..Keith

--
"Agree with you the council does--your apprentice Skywalker shall become."
 -Yoda