[dev] Re: [imp] suggestions, IMP 2.3

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 19:07:53 +0100

> Quoting Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>:
>
> > I am preparing a quick mockup. I will fill it up with folders that
> > I have just to demonstrate my point.
> > As for maintaing them , I really had to just add a couple of if
> > $conf['userFrames'] in a couple of files.
>
> I would be interested in seeing the patch necessary to get this. If it's
> reasonable, I'd seriously consider supporting it for 2.3.

Hi Chuck,
I have been playing around a bit more, and still customizing it.
Actually its a bit more work than I thought.

There are more and more "ifs" to manage from implementation point (not from
maintanance point)
Example: If the user has chosen frames mode then
  dont show "Inbox" link on the top menu frame (already in navigator)
  dont show  "folders" option (already in navigator)
  dont show Folder list of the top right
  etc etc.

I have added another and hopefully the last frame
For the mail reader.
So, mail_summary can be seen in the top half and the message in the second half.

You can have a look at http://webmail4u.developer.ch
user: horde
pass: imp

Currently all this is hack work.
Once it reaches a point where it can be easily integeratable in the development
branch,
Ill submit the patches for it.

Oh by the way, is someone working on Turba?
My users are not ready to move from 2.2 to 2.3 unless they are able to manage their
contacts in the SQL database as they used to in the older version.
Any help their will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Atif Ghaffar
http://atif.developer.ch