Fwd: failure notice

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 23:54:01 +0000

Quoting Steve Paraka <steve@paraka.com>:

> Messages in inbox: 410
> IMAP Server: UW Imap 4.7b
> OS: Linux Mandrake 7.1, Kernel 2.2.15
>
> All the other supporting software is at the most current version.
>
> Like I said, this happens for literally every php page that IMP tries to
> load. It sends out a request, receives a reply, then takes a real long
> time before anything happens. Eventually it will bring up the new page.
> Sometimes after several minutes, though.

Hmm, this almost sounds like the imap_status() bug, except you say
it is happening with every single page (not just the Folders view?)

It would really help if you could do a bit of digging around to see
where the extra delay comes from.  For example, try to sniff your IMAP
traffic for a simple mailbox view, with both the stable and devel versions.
That way, we can easily pin down where the extra IMAP calls that may
be causing slowdown are coming from.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>