[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: docs README

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 12:18:45 +0000

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>:

> On 20 Jan 2001, bjn@horde.org <bjn@horde.org> wrote:
>
> >   Building the docs on Red Hat 7 is a snap;
>
> ...and let me just give kudos again to Anil for this wonderful framework,
> with autoconf and everything!  Very nicely done, and as I said, was really
> easy to build.

Not me!  It was an initial import from the PHPDOC cvs tree by jon :-)
Actually, there are some bits of it (openjade support) that I should
backport to phpdoc as well, so it can build on OpenBSD.

> The only comment I have:  the README says "you need [...] Norman Walsh's
> modular DocBook stylesheets" and so I went out and dutifully downloaded
> them... and then realized they're in the tree.  :-)  I wonder if that
> piece of information deserves a few words, in case others trip on it the
> way I did.  Very minor.

Ahh.  Originally, I imported the DSSSL stylesheets so that we could make
local modifications to them on a vendor branch, since there are some
portions of it that are not possible to override from external DSLs.

I'm wondering about the wisdom of that choice though, since it really
bloats the size of the repository.  When someone actually starts building
docs for the 2.3.x series (and I want to start using it for Chora rsn),
we can revisit that decision and delete the stylesheets from the tree if
noone has made any local changes.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>