Feature request

Dan Brown danb35@earthlink.net
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:32:38 -0500

I've been playing with IMP 2.3.7, and I really like it.  There are a
couple of seemingly small additions I'd like to see, though:

1.  The ability to apply filters whenever the inbox (or navigator, I
guess) refreshes.  I suppose this should be configurable as a preference, like
the "apply filters at login" is.

2.  A bit more flexibility in the filters.  In particular, I'd like the
ability to match if something is _not_ found--for example, if the To or Cc does
not contain my address, after filtering all the mailing list messages, toss
it in a spam folder.  Along with that, it'd be nice to match To or CC with a
single rule, and to provide alternatives (if the to or cc contains this or
that, move the message).  These can be done with the existing system, but at the
cost of creating multiple rules instead of one.

3.  Auto-submission of spam to spamcop.net.  I've noticed options for
spam reporting to send reports to abuse@wherever, but it'd be cool to
automagically submit the spam to spamcop to track down the responsible parties
and notify them.  This would require that the user's authorization key be
stored in the prefs.  I'm not asking for IMP to decide that the message is
spam, but just to have a "report as spam" link that would do this.  It looks
like this would just involve posting to http://spamcop.net/sc with "action"
containing the string "parse", "code" containing the key, and "spam" containing
the full spam message.  This would probably go into the category of "bells and
whistles", but it seems to me like it'd be really cool.