[dev] Feature request

Dan Brown danb35@earthlink.net
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:52:01 -0500

Max Kalika wrote:

> > 1.  The ability to apply filters whenever the inbox (or navigator, I
> > guess) refreshes.  I suppose this should be configurable as a preference,
>
> You throw an inefficient imap server like UW to the mix and it becomes tragic.
> I'm not a fan of giving people a loaded gun. :-)  Thoughts?

	You make some good points , though I wonder if they could be
sufficiently addressed by noting in the documentation that this has the
potential for causing a major performance hit, and allowing the admin to
lock it like he can do with everything else in prefs.php.

	In my case, I'm pretty much running IMP as my personal webmail system
(i.e., one user), and I'm using courier-imap, so these issues aren't
directly a concern for me--but I understand the problem (or potential
problem)

> > Along with that, it'd be nice to match To or CC with a single rule, and to
> > provide alternatives
>
> I've put this off long enough.  Try what I just commited.  (This was originally
> suggested by Anil).

	Bad news.  Now when I log in, I get

Warning: Undefined index: fields in
/home/e-smith/files/primary/html/horde2/imp/mailbox.php on line 252

	repeated 8 times, with the obligatory "cannot add header information"
errors afterwards.  I had been logged in when I updated CVS, and tried
going to the filters screen, and got an undefined index: filters there,
but I didn't copy the exact error message.

--
Dan Brown, KE6MKS, danb35@earthlink.net
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy