my IMP broke

Atif Ghaffar aghaffar@developer.ch
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:54:59 +0100

Hi Guys.

I spent my last sunday making patches for the frames+frameless option.
It does not seem to me that the developers of IMP want to go in that
direction.

May I ask why I was invited to make patches?
Now I am left in a state where I cannot take changes from CVS.

If I cvs update something, everything breaks and I have to hack the file
again to put frames support.
All patches not are out of date since more changes have been made to the
code, completely ignoring
the frames option.

If the changes I did are not acceptable, please let me know, so I would
rather not make any patches.
Chuck notes that one of the features of 2.4 will be (no frames)
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=98005375112838&w=2

I use and like IMP and would like to contribute my changes if they can
be useful to anyone else.
Should I wait untill there is a 2.4 release and then make a patch for
that?

Currently I am trying "Give and Take", but if you rather I can switch to
"Just shut up and Take"

Best Regards.

--
Atif Ghaffar