[dev] my IMP broke

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:46:40 -0500

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 03:10:52PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch (chuck@horde.org) wrote:
> Quoting Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>:
>
> > I spent my last sunday making patches for the frames+frameless option.
> > It does not seem to me that the developers of IMP want to go in that
> > direction.
>
> I'm torn, really. It seems that a bunch of people like it, and a bunch of
> people don't. As long as it's a user preference, that's not a
> problem,

I'm playing devil's advocate somewhat here, as I haven't tried to use
Atif's version to actually handle mail (as compared to going "Oh,
that's how it works"), but it strikes me that a "radically alter
interface" user preference is about the biggest support nightmare
there is. :-) I *could* see it working well as a configuration
setting, or even as a set of patches in a rejuvenated contrib/
section.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services