[dev] my IMP broke

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:22:18 +0000

Quoting Jon Parise <jon@csh.rit.edu>:

> I'd prefer the patches to exist separately from mainline IMP, but
> that's just my personal preference for the user interface (nothing
> personal, or anything).

It is quite a major patchset to keep separate though, which is the
problem.

> I suppose having it as a user preference is alright, but it would
> introduce a number of support issues (for both us, as the developers,
> and for the site administrators, too) as far as consistency and
> variability is concerned.

... and this is what concerns me also.  I dont like the frames interface
as it is atm - almost every aspect of the individual frames needs a bit
of a redesign to look good again.  On my laptop, it's completely unusable,
whereas IMP 2.2 is prefectly easy to use.
--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>