[dev] my IMP broke

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:25:21 +0000

Quoting Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@recoil.org>:

> ... and this is what concerns me also.  I dont like the frames interface
> as it is atm - almost every aspect of the individual frames needs a bit
> of a redesign to look good again.  On my laptop, it's completely unusable,
> whereas IMP 2.2 is prefectly easy to use.

(I hit send too soon ...)

The frames are a _very_ good idea, but our feature-freeze seems to be
somewhat weak ;-)

This very nice idea needs a lot of work to look as good as either
2.2-frames or 2.3-frameless.  Is it appropriate for 2.4? I think it
would be better to feature-freeze 2.4 and branch it off now, and apply
these patches to HEAD, or to wait until 2.4 is out and then apply them.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy, <anil@recoil.org>