[dev] my IMP broke

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:31:38 -0500

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 11:25:21PM +0000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> This very nice idea needs a lot of work to look as good as either
> 2.2-frames or 2.3-frameless.  Is it appropriate for 2.4? I think it
> would be better to feature-freeze 2.4 and branch it off now, and apply
> these patches to HEAD, or to wait until 2.4 is out and then apply them.

I'm not sure it's entirely appropriate for 2.4, either, but I'm not
sure we're quite ready to branch.  There are still a lot of
improvements that should be made to the 2.3 code before we're at that
point, and most of them are small tweaks or performance improvements.

For example, I've been wanting to run through the preferences code
again to streamline it a bit.  I haven't found the time to do that
work, though.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology