[dev] frames version

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:30:25 -0500

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 12:25:42PM +0100, Carsten Guenther (cguenther@guenthers.net) wrote:

> what i want to say is: let it be (more) configurable, but, please,
> import this 3-pan style.... let the user decide !

Radically altering the user interface of an application should not be
a user option. Consider how one would go about documenting something
when a user can flick a switch and suddenly have an application almost
entirely unlike the one which they were just using. Consider further
the user that flicks the switch accidentally.

If Atif chooses to maintain his patches (and I think Chuck might help
on that) then you'll have the option of using the alternate interface,
but IMP cannot be all things to all people without being weaker in all
the areas it tries to cover.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services