[dev] 2.3.x installer

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 23:39:50 -0000

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>:
>
> > The key, for me, is that I hope we can end up with a system where the
> > description of each config. setting is in just one place.  The reality
is
> > that if you have to add new settings to the config. file, and the
install
> > wizard(s), and the documentation, then things fall out of sync.
>
> Yes. This _killed_ setup.php3 - it's really horribly out of date.

So what do people think then?  Command-line?  It shouldn't be hard to write
a Perl script that groks the *.dist files into a setup utility.  PHP would
be ideal, of course, but I don't think many people have it installed as a
CGI executable though.

Anil

>From chuck@horde.org Date: Thu,  8 Feb 2001 18:34:12 -0500
> So what do people think then?  Command-line?  It shouldn't be hard to write
> a Perl script that groks the *.dist files into a setup utility.  PHP would
> be ideal, of course, but I don't think many people have it installed as a
> CGI executable though.

I'd be okay with this, though I have to admit that I'm not jumping to write it
myself. =) Ideally, a script would know how to put the proper information into
config/registry.php as well.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me