[dev] 2.3.x installer

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:31:56 -0500

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 02:28:50PM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > True.  But what I was getting at was that we really only need to
> > ask the user about a few variables (that are required) for a quick
> > initial installation.  After that, the installation script would
> > work with the full set of configuration values.
>
> Gotcha - so we should have a few variables flagged as "always-ask"
> or something similar, so that the initial install gives you mostly
> the defaults?

Right, so that when you run './setup.pl --fast' or something, you'll
only be asked about the settings that must be changed for your site to
run.  Configuring the number of messages to display per screen isn't
crucial to getting your site off of the ground, for example, so that's
something that can be left until later.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology