[dev] Authentication

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:39:49 -0500

Quoting Christian Couder <Christian.Couder@alcove.fr>:

>  The default value for the authentication driver in
>  /horde/config/horde.php.dist is 'guest', but I saw on a commit that it
>  has been removed.

I just fixed the default value.

> Anyway, in the code in /horde/lib/Auth.php there is
>
> function factory($driver, $params = array())
> {
>     if (empty($driver) || (strcasecmp($driver, 'none') == 0)) {
>         return new Auth;
>     }
>
> So I tryed to set $conf['auth']['driver'] to 'none' to see if it would
> work, but it doesn't. (At least, the auth constructor needs 2
> parameters.)

A method was poorly named; I just fixed that also.

> Now I don't know exactly what auth driver I should use (currently I just
> want to test and improve a few things in Turba).

Just set it up to auth against an IMAP or FTP server that you have. Or, if you
have to, hack Auth.php to return true for all users. But I _don't_ recommend
that for any purposes, really.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"My intuitive grasp of math often leads me astray." -Me