[dev] Re: [imp] RE : Passsword Server :111 (Connection Refused)

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:48:18 -0500

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 10:11:15AM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch (chuck@horde.org) wrote:
> Quoting Rich Lafferty <rich@horde.org>:
>
> > Wow, those *are* weird defaults in 2.2's defaults.php3.dist. :-/ Any
> > objections to changing the defaults for poppassd_server and
> > poppassd_port to $SERVER_NAME and 106 respectively, so that telling
> > IMP to use poppassd.php3 works in the simple case?
>
> I think it was done for security so that no one exposed poppasswd by mistake.

Hrm. Since the worst thing that can happen with $SERVER_NAME/106 is a
user who's already logged in trying to connect to the poppassd on the
mail server they have an account on -- any objections to changing that
to sane defaults? "/dev/null" in the _server field is just plain
nonintuitive, and '0' for port even confused me! :-/

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services