[dev] new prefs system (Was: gollem: working?)

Keith A. Chayer kchayer@bbcnet.edu
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:57:29 -0600

> Ah. Yeah, I redid a lot of the prefs stuff in the process of making things
> generic (any comments on that, btw?), and Gollem needs to be updated to use
> the
> new code. It'll get done this weekend at the latest.

I like the new prefs code.  It looks very...complicated.  But that's ok, it's
functional and useful as a modular, customizable system now.  I didn't have any
trouble figuring out how to convert my preferences setup to your changes, and
even remove the things I didn't want to show up.  As for trying new settings, I
haven't tried those yet.  Honestly, I can't think of any that I'd want to add
that wouldn't require some code changes to make the functionality of IMP
different--but that's just me.  So what I've seen looks good, but I only gave it
a cursory look.

..Keith

Keith A. Chayer                                         Baptist Bible College
Network Technician                                         Springfield, MO
           .--.
 ::\`--._,'.::.`._.--'/::      "Ready?  For 800 years have I trained Jedi.
 ::::.  ` __::__ '  .::::      My own council will I keep on who is ready."