[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/docs CHANGES horde/lib Horde.php horde/lib/Auth FTP.php IMAP.php LDAP.php MCAL.php horde/lib/Prefs LDAP.php Session.php

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 15:36:55 +0000

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 01:34:30AM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting jon@horde.org:
>
> >   Added capaiblity tests to those drivers that require non-standard PHP
> >   extensions (handled by Horde::functionCheck()).
>
> Just a thought: we have extension_loaded, also; might it be better in some
> cases to check for the extension instead of a specific function (for elegance,
> and in the unlikely case that someone does something weird like defining a
> custom local 'ldap_open' function...)

Although checking for the function would also cover the case where the
function was added in a later version of the extension, wouldn't it?
The extension would be present, but the function wouldnt.  Although, this
should really be taken care off in the version check in test.php I guess.

Anil