[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/docs CHANGES horde/lib Horde.php horde/lib/Auth FTP.php IMAP.php LDAP.php MCAL.php horde/lib/Prefs LDAP.php Session.php

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:55:00 -0500

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 01:34:30AM -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> >   Added capaiblity tests to those drivers that require non-standard PHP
> >   extensions (handled by Horde::functionCheck()).
>
> Just a thought: we have extension_loaded, also; might it be better
> in some cases to check for the extension instead of a specific
> function (for elegance, and in the unlikely case that someone does
> something weird like defining a custom local 'ldap_open'
> function...)

Right, that crossed my mind, but this way allows us to test for new
PHP functions, as well (like wordwrap()).

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology