[dev] preferences and servers

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:37:06 -0500

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 04:23:43PM +0000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

[Revisiting some old messages that I still have saved]

> I'm a bit confused about this - I setup preferences on the
> 2.3 demo.horde.org, but to give the user a choice about their
> server means enabling the various preferences in prefs.php
>
> No problem there... however, if I enter a server that is
> broken, this seems to be saved as my permanent user-level
> preference, and so I can't login again to change it!
>
> I disabled preferences for the moment on it anyhows.

I'm assuming that, for the most part, this issue has been solved with
the introduction of the Session preferences driver, right?  I'm
considering the storage of user-defined server parameters in their
preferences as a separate problem.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology