[dev] preferences and servers

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:59:01 +0000

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 12:37:06AM -0500, Jon Parise wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 04:23:43PM +0000, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
>
> [Revisiting some old messages that I still have saved]
>
> > I'm a bit confused about this - I setup preferences on the
> > 2.3 demo.horde.org, but to give the user a choice about their
> > server means enabling the various preferences in prefs.php
> >
> > No problem there... however, if I enter a server that is
> > broken, this seems to be saved as my permanent user-level
> > preference, and so I can't login again to change it!
> >
> > I disabled preferences for the moment on it anyhows.
>
> I'm assuming that, for the most part, this issue has been solved with
> the introduction of the Session preferences driver, right?  I'm
> considering the storage of user-defined server parameters in their
> preferences as a separate problem.

Sort of; what I want is for users to be abe to store some
preferences in permanent storage (full name, etc), and other ones
in the Session driver instead.  Of course, if you consider server
parameters to be a separate issue, then this isn't an issue.

Solve that, and I can reinstatte the mysql driver, afaics.

ANil