[dev] Adding a user's fullname to preferences, if not already set

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:42:17 -0500

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 12:24:51AM -0500, Jon Parise wrote:

> > One thing I would like to do is have IMP set a user's fullname preference
> > based on an LDAP lookup, if the fullname preference is not already
> > set.  Where would be a good place to hook this in?
>
> There are no hooks for that at the moment.  I'll put it on my to-do
> list.

I'm taking this one off of my list for the time being.  For now,
people can just resort to a local hack of some sort until we can put
together a more generalized way of doing something like this.  A
better solution may present itself while I hack away at the
preferences system again, too.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology