[dev] Ulaform: HTML form generation with PHP

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:49:17 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Keith A. Chayer <kchayer@bbcnet.edu> wrote:

> where I made it somewhat configurable is that it checks for a hidden
> form variable field (well, it doesn't have to be hidden, but you don't
> want the user to input a destination email address for the script :) )

Hmmm, you'd better be careful; just hiding it on the form doesn't mean
they can't manually submit it (change the URL for GET, or alter the form
and do their own POST, etc.).  You have to have server-side checking of
everything submitted.

> Of course, this makes for pretty generic form email when someone gets
> the end results.  It ends up being a simple list of data fields and
> their values.

I think that's all we're looking for, at least initially.  Thanks for
mentioning your solution; I'm interested in pulling in useful ideas from
other such form generators.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>