[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: chora diff.php chora/config ...

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:16:23 -0500

ReOn Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 01:53:32AM +0000, Anil Madhavapeddy (anil@recoil.org) wrote:
> Quoting Rich Lafferty <rich@horde.org>:
>
> > Agreed. The main reason why it's not worth fighting is because the
> > tiny-font problem in NS4/X11 is caused by Netscape using 75dpi fonts
> > but calculating for 100dpi in the first place, something that you
> > can't detect. So, those that have figured this out and fixed Netscape
> > to DTRT will end up with *large* fonts if you try to special-case it.
>
> Ok, so how do you find http://demo.horde.org/devel/horde/chora ?

I type the name into the browser and it... oh, sorry. It's on the
bottom edge of comfortable with 75dpi fonts -- ie, it's not a
3x3-pixel letter and it's not poorly scaled -- and it's unremarkable
with 100dpi and with my usual "no, use Lucida 12pt for everything".

In particular, it wouldn't occur to me that it's particularly unusual
even in 75dpi "normal" mode.

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services