[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp/scripts/db impPrefsObject.ldap

Edwin L. Culp eculp@EnContacto.Net
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:06:14 -0800

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>:

> On 22 Mar 2001, chuck@horde.org <chuck@horde.org> wrote:
>
> >   Removed files:
> >     scripts/db           impPrefsObject.ldap
> >   Log:
> >   this doesn't belong in imp and is out of date
>
> I assume this is not a forward-looking statement regaring support for
> preferences stored in LDAP...?  ;-)
>
> Seriously, I will be doing more and more LDAP stuff here in the coming
> weeks, and I'm looking forward to the potential for preferences stored in
> LDAP.
Brent,

I agree with you completely.  I'm certainly going to be doing the same for
preferences, contacts in turba and hopefully for all authentication, horde,
imap, etc.  I need all the help I can get:-)  Substituting LDAP for multiple
files/db's seems to be a general and very logical trend, but I haven't found
many projects that facilitate its use where on the other hand, mysql is cut,
dried and packaged with a pretty blue ribbon for the uninitiated user
everywhere.  It looks like a competitive advantage for the Horde project.  In
fact, the "Scalable Webmail HOWTO" is what caused my initial interest in IMP.

ed