Call to undefined function: posix_getpid()

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 05:31:25 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, dpbatagoda@omnibis.com <dpbatagoda@omnibis.com> wrote:

>   When I try to run index.php3 on a my computer it gave an error
> "Call to undefined function: posix_getpid() in session.inc on
> line 113" .But this file can run on linux platform.
> Is the problem with windows ?

Yes; that call isn't available in Windows 95/98/ME (although it is on
Windows NT/2000 because those are somewhat POSIX).  When this came up in
February Chuck said you can just remove that call in your code.

For the dev@ crowd, is there some way we could detect the platform we're
on, and not make the call if it isn't supported?  Or, would it be better
to just ignore errors from that call?

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>