[dev] imp/scripts/db/impPrefsObject.ldap

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:07:32 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote:

> > I don't know; I was just quoting your original message:
>
> Actually, it was Jon's... =)

Hmmm... the first message in this thread was from you, and contains this:

> I'm thinking maybe we should have, in Horde, docs/prefs/, docs/auth/,
> etc...  with schemas and relevant info for all prefs drivers, all auth
> drivers, all connection tracking drivers, etc. in those directories.
>
> Apps would have docs/backend/ or docs/drivers, or whatever, depending
> on what the app called things...
>
> Comments?
>
> -chuck

So unless you were thinking of something Jon said from a previous thread
or something...

> > These are neither "scripts" nor "documentation" in my mind.
>
> To me, that _is_ documentation, though. It's something you need in
> order to get the app up and running, and it should be accompanied by
> comments and notes...  it's part of the install process. That fits my
> idea of documentation...

'k.  Well, I don't feel too strongly about this, I guess, but I still
wouldn't call a .sql or an LDAP schema "documentation"... it's something
else in my mind; "schema" is the closest work I can think of.

I really have no objections to it being under docs/ if we standardize as a
team on the notion of schemas-are-documentation.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>