[cvs] commit: horde/config mime_drivers.php.dist mime_mapping.php.dist horde/docs CHANGES horde/lib/MIME Magic.php Viewer.php horde/lib/MIME/Viewer default.php enscript.php php.php

Rich Lafferty rich@horde.org
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 20:43:27 -0400

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 11:38:03PM -0000, avsm@horde.org (avsm@horde.org) wrote:
> avsm        2001/04/15 16:38:03 PDT
>
>   - MIME_Magic: currently takes a file extension and maps it onto
>     a MIME type.  If a useful MIME type cannot be determined, then
>     it maps onto a special x-extension/* namespace, which can be used
>     as a normal MIME type by the rest of the framework.

Neat stuff!

I hate to complain, mostly because it's been months since I've
contributed a single line of code, but when I see "MIME_Magic" I
assume that it's going to be using magic numbers, not extensions
(since that's what "magic" refers to when talking about file types).

Perhaps something like MIME_Ext or MIME_FileExt would be more apropos?
I only suggest it because at some point we might want to actually
*use* magic to determine file types..

  -Rich

 Sysadmin/Programmer, Instructional and Information Technology Services