[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: chora checkout.php chora/lib/CVSLib Checkout.php

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:18:10 -0400

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 11:10:05AM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> One thing I was wondering about: when we include Horde files in IMP,
> it's hardcoded to '../' from the IMP_BASE.
>
> One thing that would be nice to do would be to install Horde outside the
> webroot completely, and simply include its template files (for
> authentication or whatever) from the individual modules if they are
> needed.  Is this possible at the moment, or is it not part of the plan?

When I last discussed this with Chuck, it was decided (at least, I
think we came to an agreement) that the best thing to do was to have
each application have a configuration parameter that pointed to the
Horde installation.  Based on that parameter, the application could
locate Horde's registry, from which it could glean knowledge of Horde
and of all other applications.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology