Horde::Cache

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 18:24:49 +0100

Did this idea come up before?

I'd love to have a Horde::Cache interface, which can take content, some
expiry heuristics, and store it in an abstract backend (db, filesystem).
In particular, it would make Chora _SCREAM_, because of the nature of
what it does.  Once a revision is checked out or processed, it never
changes (bar repository hacking), so we can set massive expiry times,
and just pull objects in and out of the cache with ease.  It would save
a lot of exec()s as well, for all the external programs.

Does this tie in to the Horde Object system that Chuck posted about a
while back?

Anil