[dev] Re: [imp] Strange Login after Logout Bug in v2.3

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 13:14:45 -0400

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 01:09:02PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > However, this begs the question of whether we should add a
> > generic "cleanup" routine to the preference drivers that each
> > could implement in their own way.  It seems like a good idea to
> > me.  Any comments or objections?
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> Should drivers have a facility for only cleaning out their specific scope? (ie,
> when you log out of IMP, the session driver might clean up only IMP's prefs?)

That would probably a good idea.  It would be an even better idea
if the session driver actually honored the application scope,
too. =)

How would that affect "shared" preferences, though?  They'd never
be cleaned.  I guess that would depend on an optional parameter
to our cleanup function that would only be enabled when the user
logs out of Horde.

I'll add that to my ToDo list (man, I really need to get Nag
working so I can start using it... <g>)

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology