[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/docs CHANGES horde/lib Prefs.php horde/lib/Prefs ldap.php sql.php

Jon Parise jon@csh.rit.edu
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:30:52 -0400

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 11:08:22PM -0700, Max Kalika wrote:

> > This should solve all of the outstanding issues with the
> > preferences system.
>
> I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't know if the prefs system is
> working right -- IMP isn't retreiving my prefs.  After a bit of digging the
> issues are:  The factory method initializes the prefs_cache session variable
> and tryCache checks if this variable is registered and returns true causing the
> retreive method of the driver (sql in my case) to proceed no further.  Is this
> right?  Since the cache hasn't been populated between instanciating the prefs
> object and making the sql call something seems to be missing.
>
> Incedentally, I locally commented out the tryCache call in the sql driver and
> my prefs were retreived ok for all of the screens except compose.  I would look
> further but on sunday nights it feels like my head is full of cotton. :-)

I have a fix in progress for this, but I have to head out to
class in a few minutes.  I'll hopefully have this all fixed in a
couple of hours.

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology