[dev] 2.2.5 ?

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 17 May 2001 13:02:26 +0100

Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> I asked Chuck about that a week back; as we chatted I think
> we both felt that with 2.3 beta imminent, releasing a 2.2.5
> would just produce interest and demand for more 2.2.x work..

Well, releasing it to the effect of 'this is expected to be the last
release in the 2.2.x' branch would be useful I think.  Leaving fixes
lying in CVS means they wont reach the majority of our users.

We've been telling people to hack on 2.3 for some time now - but the
stable branch is meant for bugfixes, and this release would do exactly
that.

Anil